Living in a condo isn’t always fun and easy. Sometimes, it can be tricky, too—especially in terms of keeping the place clean and pleasant for everyone to see.
Here are five of the best condo life hacks that you need in your life!
- Use compact bedroom sets. Since you live in a small space, it’s important to keep a minimalist approach in mind. This means that the things you use have must be storage-savvy, and can do a lot of things. A compact bedroom set is one of those.
These sets usually just measure 13 square feet, and may contain double beds, corner couch, bookshelf, stools, a wardrobe, and even a portable dining table in one! The Matroshka all-in-one furniture set is a perfect example!
- Try container gardening. Plants always give any space the feeling that it’s homey, and clean. After all, plants act as amazing air filters, which means that you’ll be able to breathe fresh air even when you’re indoors. You can try planting in small pots, mason jars, old soda containers, or even water bottles that are cut in half! Try planting cactus, rosemary, marjoram, or other small herbs and flowers—you’ll be surprised at how they can make your space look better!
- Maximize wall and cabinet space in the kitchen. Of course, your kitchen may not be as big as a normal kitchen, but it’s still important to keep it looking its best!
You can use Julia Child’s classic pegboard as inspiration for maximizing space in the kitchen. Paint it as you like, and then put your lids, pots, and pans there. You can also use mason jars as storage for your herbs and spices—put magnets underneath, and stick them onto the fridge-and make sure to label them. Voila! Instant aesthetics and storage space for you!
And of course, don’t forget to clean the fridge! Throw anything that does not look or smell good anymore, and buy only what you can consume for 5 days or a week!
- Try fold-up desks and dining tables! These are tables that you can mount on the wall and fold up when they’re not in use. Pro blogger and artist Saab Magalona makes use of these! You can either buy one, or make one for yourself. Use old oak boards, drill them to the wall, install with the help of L-screws, and you’re all set!
- Try star-shaped clothes horses. One of the biggest issues you’d face when you live in a condo is that you might not have ample space to dry your clothes. Sure, you can bring them to the laundry, but if you want to wash them yourself, you have to make sure that they dry fast, too.
A star-shaped clothes horse has dimensions of 56 x 32 x 23cm—perfect for letting air in and spacing the clothes out properly! Look for the prototype by Aaron Dunkerton of Queensland—that should be an inspiration!
Remember, your condo is your house now. Try these hacks, and make your place a home, too!