Buying a condo for sale at McKinley Hill is a huge decision to make. But ultimately, it is worthwhile especially if you enjoy living independently. There are, after all, numerous perks you may appreciate by doing so.
One of the things you may benefit from is setting up your own rules and regulations – meaning no one will ever tell you how to run your place and basically, live your life. But there are repercussions to be wary of as well which include responsibilities such as cleaning and maintaining your own unit.
Fear not for you no longer have to worry about that further. There are several ways you can keep your carpet looking fresh, just follow these instructions:
Using the vacuum
Using a vacuum to clean your carpet is practically the easiest method on this list. All you have to do is:
- Remove all objects from your floor that may obstruct the passage of your vacuum cleaner. Furniture, along with other heavy objects, can be left on your carpet, if you can’t remove them.
- Use the appropriate attachment (e.g. nozzle and cranny extension) to your vacuum in order to get to hard to reach areas.
- Drag your vacuum across your carpet both vertically and horizontally to ensure every fiber on your floor has been reached.
If you experience a spill, which cannot be removed by your vacuum cleaner, spot cleaning is a great method to remove it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Grab two clean white cloths. The first one is for blotting the spill on your carpet. The second one is for removing the stain left behind after you blot it.
- When shopping for a carpet cleaner, make sure you read the labels properly for you to learn which works best in removing a certain kind of stain on a specific type of carpet.
- Test the product on a tiny discreet area on your carpet. Choose a part that is not stained so you can tell whether it will wash out its color.
- Apply the cleaner to a cloth and blot to clean the stain. Remember to use just enough soap or else the remaining residue will attract more dirt to it. Try not to press hard or rub it vigorously for this will drive the stain deeper into your carpet.
- Get the other cloth and rinse your carpet with water to remove the soap. Avoid soaking water through it for the pad below may absorb it, which then leads to mildew and mold.
Applying shampoo to your carpet is a good way to clean it thoroughly. Follow these steps below (or those ones you can find on the label of your chosen carpet shampoo):
- Follow the instructions on how to make the solution for your carpet. For most cases, you need to dilute the shampoo with water.
- Cover your carpet with the right amount of shampoo.
- Be sure not to put too much water on your carpet for this can increase your drying time.
- Use a hard-bristled brush to scrub the stubborn areas on your carpet.
- Leave it to dry.
- Once it has dried, vacuum your carpet to remove other dirt and residue.
Remember that cleaning your own condo is your responsibility. Initially, doing so could be considered as hard work. However, once you develop a good habit of cleaning your whole unit – not just your carpets – then, the entire process will become second nature to you.